1. Personal information collected
We collect information:
- When you register an account to become a MakanJoy user (“User”), such as your name, e-mail, employer, country, and a password.
- When you view and interact with MakanJoy pages, features, and functionality, including MakanJoy mobile applications, software (like adding to your profile, participating in MakanFriends, Cliques, uploading contacts, etc.), and platform technology. We also collect your IP address, browser type, operating system, mobile carrier, and your ISP, and receive the URLs of sites from which you arrive or leave the MakanJoy website, or sites that have embedded MakanJoy platform technology.
- Through cookies and other technologies that allow us to recognize you, customize your experience, and serve advertisements both on and off MakanJoy. Learn more about cookies, beacons in Sections 1G and 1H, below. You can opt-out of advertising off MakanJoy.
- When you interact with third party services available through MakanJoy like surveys, polls or other third party research undertaken with your consent.
2. Uses of personal information
We use the information you provide to:
- Enable you to share your information and communicate with other Users, or provide your personal details to third parties offering combined services with MakanJoy;
- Administer your account with us and customize the service we provide to you and other Users; and to
- Send you service or promotional communications through email and notices on the MakanJoy website. You can control your messaging preferences in your personal Settings.
- Connect you to opportunities by enabling other Users to find you on MakanJoy.
- Create and distribute advertising relevant to you or your network’s MakanJoy experience. If you share your interactions on MakanJoy, for example, when you recommend a product, follow a Restaurant, establish or update your profile, join a MakanFriend, etc., MakanJoy may use these actions to create social ads for your network on MakanJoy using your profile photo and name. You can control whether MakanJoy uses your name and picture in social ads in your personal Settings.
- Please note that in order to fulfil your requests for paid services (e.g., MakanJoy Premium Services), we share your payment information with our payment processor.
3. Your Information Choices
- Review, enhance or edit your personal information through your personal profile page;
- Control what information you make available to search engines through your public profile;
- Choose whether you install or remove any third party applications;
- Control whether your profile information is shared with third parties through Developer Applications installed by your connections;
- Control the messages you receive from MakanJoy and other Users;
- Change your settings to control visibility and accessibility through our website;
- Control whether MakanJoy personalizes its professional plugins across the web using your MakanJoy account.
- Control whether MakanJoy uses your name and profile photo in social ads; and
- Tell us to close your MakanJoy account.
4. Your obligations to other Users.
5. Important information
- Personal information you provide will be secured in accordance with industry standards and technology. Since the internet is NOT a 100% secure environment, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to MakanJoy. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, copied, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
- You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications at all times.
7. How to contact us
If you have questions or comments please send them to us or contact us at:
- XPRIENZ PTE LTD, 531 UPPER CROSS ST, HONG LIM COMPLEX, SINGAPORE 050531, SINGAPORE
- The mission of MakanJoy is to provide an e-commerce platform to make dining both a pleasure and a delight, and also allowing diners to share that joy with society at large.
- Being part of MakanJoy means sharing information about yourself with other Users, communicating with them, as well as working privately on your own. By default, your account is set up to share the information that we have found the vast majority of our Users are interested in sharing. But the amount and type of information you decide to share, and with whom you share it, is up to you.
- Here are the three main types of information on MakanJoy:
- Information about yourself that you share. This is the information that your connections, other Users, and Companies see about you. This includes your profile and your contributions to discussions on MakanJoy Reviews. You have control over what you share, and you can update information at any time.
- Communication. We help you communicate with connections and other users. Some of this is one-to-one, some of it is in groups, and some of it is public discussion. You decide how much or how little you wish to communicate to individuals or groups.
- Private activity. We also provide tools that you can use privately on MakanJoy (for example in-mails.) These actions and information are private and we don't share or distribute them to others on the website.
Of course, maintaining your trust is our top concern, so we adhere to the following principles to protect your privacy:
- We do not rent, sell, or otherwise provide your personally identifiable information to third parties without your consent, except as described in this policy or as required by law.
- We do not share any information you have not chosen to display on your MakanJoy profile to other parties, unless compelled by law, or as necessary to enforce our User Agreement or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of MakanJoy, its Users, and the public.
- All information that you provide will be protected with industry standard protocols and technology.
Please read this policy and send us questions, concerns and suggestions in you feel there is a need.
- Information collected by MakanJoy.
- How MakanJoy uses your information.
- Your information choices.
- Your obligations as a User.
- How to contact us.
1. Information Collected
We collect your personal information in the following ways:
- In order to become a User, you must provide us the following information to create an account: name, email address and password. Without this minimal amount of information, you cannot create a MakanJoy account. Like other passwords, you should choose one that is known only by you. MakanJoy requests other information from you during the registration process, (e.g., gender, location, etc.) that MakanJoy uses to provide better, more customized services such as language-specific profile pages and updates, better ads, and more valuable career opportunities. You acknowledge that this information is personal to you, and by creating an account on MakanJoy, you allow others, including MakanJoy, to identify you and to allow MakanJoy to use your information in accordance with our User Agreement.
B. Profile Information
C. Contacts Information
- In order to connect with others on MakanJoy, you may use the Services to send invitations either to their MakanJoy profiles or email addresses of people you know if they have not registered with MakanJoy. The names and email addresses of people whom you invite will be used to send your invitations and reminders as well as to allow MakanJoy to help expand your network. Please note that when you send an invitation to connect to another User, that User will have access to your email address because it is displayed in the invitation. Your MakanJoy connections will also have access to your email address. You may not invite anyone you do not know and trust to connect with you.
D. Customer Service
- We collect information when you interact with MakanJoy’s customer service in order to accurately categorize and respond to customer inquiries and investigate breaches of our terms.
E. Using the MakanJoy Site and Applications
- We receive information when you interact with and use the MakanJoy website, MakanJoy Applications (e.g. MakanJoy for iPhone, Android, etc.), and MakanJoy platform technology (such as ManakFriend). For example, we know when you click on ads, upload your address book, join groups, participate in polls, install a MakanJoy mobile application, share articles on MakanJoy, etc.
F. Using Third Party Services and Visiting Third Party Sites
- We receive information when you use your MakanJoy account to log in or authenticate to a third-party website or application. Also, if you are logged into MakanJoy and visit a third party site that embeds MakanJoy professional plugins, MakanJoy will receive information that those pages have loaded in your web browser. MakanJoy will use this information to personalize the MakanJoy-provided functionality, including providing you insights from your MakanJoy network, allowing you to share information with your network, enabling you to use MakanJoy functionality off the MakanJoy site and serving you more relevant advertising. Users wishing to disable this personalization may opt-out of this feature. MakanJoy’s retention of this data is addressed in Section 1.K.
- In the course of serving advertisements or optimizing the Services to our Users, we may allow authorized third parties to place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. Any information provided to third parties through cookies will not be personally identifiable but may provide general segment information (e.g., your industry or geography, career field, or information about your professional or educational background) for the enhancement of your user experience by providing more relevant advertising. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. MakanJoy does not store unencrypted personally identifiable information in the cookies.
H. Advertising and Web Beacons
- To support the Services we provide at no cost to our Users, as well as provide a more relevant and useful experience for our Users, we target and serve our own ads and third-party ads both on and off the site using ad networks. Ad networks include third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad exchanges, ad technology vendors and research firms.
- We target ads to Users based on locations or preferences or on non-personally identifiable information inferred from a User’s profile in addition to a User’s use of MakanJoy or their clicking on MakanJoy ad inventory. MakanJoy does not provide personally identifiable information to any third party ad network.
- We use ad technology such as web beacons, pixels, anonymous ad network tags, and cookies to more effectively serve ads to our Users on and off MakanJoy through ad networks, as well as to collect anonymized, aggregated auditing, research and reporting for advertisers. Because your web browser requests advertisements and web beacons directly from ad network servers, these networks can view, edit or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site.
- You may opt-out of ads served to you off MakanJoy. If you opt-out you may lose certain functionality of the MakanJoy Services, as well as the potential benefit of receiving ads that are targeted to your interests which, in turn, may limit your ability to fully realize the benefits of the MakanJoy Services to build and leverage your professional network.
I. Log files, IP Addresses and information about your computer and mobile device
- Due to the communications standards on the internet, when you visit the MakanJoy website we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave MakanJoy. Additionally, advertisers receive the URL of the page you were on when you click on an ad on MakanJoy. MakanJoy also receives the internet protocol (“IP”) address of your computer (or the proxy server you use to access the World Wide Web), your computer operating system and type of web browser you are using, email patterns, your mobile device (including your UDID) and mobile operating system (if you are accessing MakanJoy using a mobile device), as well as the name of your ISP or your mobile carrier. MakanJoy may also receive location data passed to it from third-party services or GPS-enabled devices that you have enabled. Also, as described above in Sections 1.E. and 1.F., MakanJoy receives information when you access web pages containing MakanJoy interactive plugins. You can control the collection and use of this information in Settings. The link between your IP address and your personally identifiable information is not shared with third parties without your permission, except as described in Section 2.L (“Compliance with Legal Process”), below.
J. Rights to Access, Correct and Eliminate Information About You
- You have a right to access, modify, correct and eliminate the data you supplied to MakanJoy. If you update any of your information, we may keep a copy of the information that you originally provided to us in our archives for uses documented in this policy. You may request deletion of your information at any time by contacting MakanJoy customer service. We will respond to your request within 30 days. Please note, however that information you have shared with others, or that other Users have copied, may also remain visible even if you request its deletion.
K. Data Retention
- MakanJoy will retain your information for so long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to close your account, you may do so. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce this Agreement.
2. Uses of personal information
A. Consent to MakanJoy Processing Information About You
B. MakanJoy Communications
- As described in the User Agreement, we will communicate with you through email, notices posted on the MakanJoy website, messages to your inbox, or through other means available through the service, including mobile text messages. We may send you a series of emails that help inform new Users about the features of the Services, and we will also send you service messages relating to the functioning of the Services. We may also send you messages with promotional information directly or on behalf of our partners, unless you have opted out of receiving promotional information.
- You can change your e-mail and contact preferences at any time by logging into your account and changing your settings related to your email notification choices. If you wish, you can also opt-out of receiving promotional emails by sending a request to MakanJoy customer service through our customer service.
- Please be aware that you cannot opt-out of receiving service messages from MakanJoy. Also, if we send communications to you via the carrier service with which you have a mobile communications subscription or otherwise have access, you understand you will pay any service fees associated with your receipt of messages on your mobile device (including text messaging charges).
C. User Communications
- Many communications you initiate through MakanJoy (e.g., an invitation sent to a non-User) will list your primary email address and name in the header of the message. Messages you initiate may also provide aggregate information about your network (for instance how many people are in your network), but will not list the people to whom you’re directly connected. Other communications that you initiate through the MakanJoy website, like a request for an introduction, will list your name as the initiator but will not include your personal email address contact information. Your contact information will only be shared with another User if both of you have indicated that you would like to establish contact with each other.
D. Customized Content
- We use information you provide to us (or to third parties with whom MakanJoy offers combined services) to customize your experience on our website. For example, when you login to your account, we will display the names of new Users who have recently joined your network or recent status updates from your connections.
E. Sharing Information with Third Parties
- MakanJoy takes the privacy of our Users very seriously, and we do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your personally identifiable information to third parties, except as described in this policy. We will also not share other personal information not published to your profile or generated through engagement with other MakanJoy services without your explicit consent or to carry out your instructions (for example, to process payment information) unless, disclosure is reasonably necessary in our opinion to: (1) comply with legal process, including, but not limited to, civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders or other compulsory disclosures; (2) enforce this Agreement; (3) respond to claims of a violation of the rights of third parties, whether or not the third party is a User, individual, or government agency; (4) respond to customer service inquiries; or (5) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of MakanJoy, our Users or the public.
- Content distributed through MakanJoy’s sharing features and third party integrations may result in displaying some of your information outside of MakanJoy. For example, when you post content to a Review that is open for public discussion, your content, including your name as the contributor, may be displayed in search engine results.
- We may provide aggregated anonymous data about the usage of the Services to third parties for purposes that we deem, in our sole discretion, to be appropriate, including to prospective advertisers on MakanJoy.
F. Developers using MakanJoy Platform Services
- We collaborate with and allow third parties to use MakanJoy’s developer platform to offer services and functionality in conjunction with and outside of MakanJoy. These third parties are either partners (“MakanJoy Partners”) with whom we have negotiated an agreement to provide services (“Combined Services”), for example, MakanJoy Apps, or developers (“Platform Developers”) who have agreed to our developer terms in order to build applications (“Platform Applications”). Both the negotiated agreements and our API terms and conditions contain restrictions on access, storage and use of your information.
- Also, despite our agreements and technical steps taken to restrict access to and avoid possible misuse of information, we may not screen or audit all Combined Services or Platform Applications. We also cannot guarantee that any MakanJoy Partner or Platform Developer will abide by our agreement. You agree that your use of Combined Services or Platform Applications is on an “as is” basis and without any warranty.
- If you use any Combined Service or Platform Application, the MakanJoy Partner or Platform Developer may access and share certain information about you, such as non-public profile information and information visible only to your connections. This includes information about your connections by virtue of you being connected to others. However, unless you have used a Combined Service or Platform Application, it can only access the information about you that is otherwise visible to other MakanJoy Users.
- To revoke permission granted to a Combined Service or Platform Application at any time, please visit the settings page. If the relevant Platform Developer or Application, or MakanJoy Partner is not listed under Authorized Applications, go directly to the Application Details page for the Platform Application you wish to uninstall. Note, however, that even if you revoke the permission granted a third party, your connections, other members of your network, or other Users of MakanJoy may still be using the Platform Application, so the Platform Application or Combined Service may still have access to certain information about you, just as those Users do. You may opt-out of providing information to third parties through others connected to you under settings. To report any suspected misuse of information, contact MakanJoy’s customer service. MakanJoy is not responsible for your use of or inability to use any Combined Service or Platform Application, including the content, accuracy, or reliability of applications and the privacy practices or other policies of MakanJoy Partners or Platform Developers.
G. Polls and Surveys
- Polls and Surveys may be conducted by MakanJoy, MakanJoy Users or third parties. As a User, you may be invited to participate in polls and surveys from the MakanJoy website. Your selection may be random, or it may be based on your non-personally identifiable information, such as job title, geography, company size and/or industry. Whether or not you decide to participate in a poll or survey is completely up to you.
- After you complete a poll, you will be given access to the aggregate responses of the poll on a results page. Some third parties may target advertisements to you on the results page based on your answers in the poll. Further, MakanJoy or third parties may follow up with you via inbox regarding your participation unless you have opted out of receiving biip box messages.
- We may use third parties to deliver incentives to you to participate in surveys or polls. If the delivery of incentives requires your contact information, you may be asked to provide personally identifiable information to the third party fulfilling the incentive offer, which will only be used for the purpose of delivering incentives and/or verifying your contact information. It is up to you whether you provide this information, or whether you desire to take advantage of an incentive.
- We will not disclose any personally identifiable information to any third parties in connection with the conduct of any polls or surveys. Your consent to use any personally identifiable information for the purposes set forth in the poll or survey will be explicitly requested by the party conducting it. You may opt-out of participating in Surveys by changing your settings to stop receiving these inquiries and requests.
- We offer search services to help find information and learn more about other Users and Services. MakanJoy search also allows Users to find other Users and contributions to the community aspects of the MakanJoy Services, such as MakanFriends, that will help Users more effectively use MakanJoy and expand their network.
I. Answers, Groups, and other Services
- If you post on the Answers section of MakanJoy, participate in MakanFriends, or import a blog, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you choose to provide there can be read, collected, or used by other Users of these forums, as well as Platform Developers and other third parties, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. MakanJoy is not responsible for the information you choose to submit in these forums. Also, some content in MakanFriends or Review may be public and searchable on the internet if the Group owner has opened the group for public discussions. You can delete your posts to MakanJoy Groups at any time. However, please note that ideas you post and information you share may be seen and used by other Users, and MakanJoy cannot guarantee that other Users have not made copies of or use the ideas and information that you share with others on MakanJoy.
J. Testimonials and Advertisements Placed through MakanJoy Ads Service
- If you provide any testimonials about the MakanJoy Services or place advertisements through the MakanJoy Ads, we may post those testimonials and examples of advertisements you place in connection with our promotion of these services to third parties. Testimonials and advertisements may include your name and other personal information that you have provided.
K. Advertising and Endorsements on MakanJoy
- In order to deliver relevant and valuable ads to you and your network, MakanJoy may use your name and profile photo in connection with social advertising based on content shared on MakanJoy. This advertising may include the fact that you have recommended or endorsed a product or service on MakanJoy, followed a company, joined Groups or conversations, established or added content to your profile or portfolio, etc., and will only be displayed to your MakanJoy network. You can opt-out of allowing your name and/or profile photo to be used in social ads in settings.
L. Compliance with Legal Process
- It is possible that we may need to disclose personal information, profile information and/or information about your activities as a MakanJoy User when required by subpoena or other legal process, or if MakanJoy has a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to (a) investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; (b) to enforce the User Agreement, to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, or to protect the security or integrity of our site; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property or personal safety of MakanJoy, our Users, employees, or others.
M. Disclosures to Others as the Result of a Change in Control or Sale of MakanJoy
- We may also disclose your personal information and other information you provide to another third party as part of a sale of the assets of XpRienz Pte Ltd or MakanJoy, a subsidiary or division, or as the result of a change in control of the company. Any third party to which MakanJoy transfers or sells MakanJoy’s assets will have the right to continue to use the personal and other information that you provide to us.
3. Your Information Choices
A. Accessing and Changing Your Account Information
- You can review the personal information you provided to us and make any desired changes to the information you publish, or to the settings for your MakanJoy account including your email and contact preferences, at any time by logging in to your account on the MakanJoy website. Please be aware that even after your request for a change is processed, MakanJoy may, for a time, retain residual information about you in its backup and/or archival copies of its database.
B. Default Settings
- Because the mission of MakanJoy is to provide an e-commerce platform to make dining both a pleasure and a delight, and also allowing diners to share that joy with society at large, we have established what we believe to be reasonable default settings that we have found most Users desire. Because Users may use and interact with MakanJoy in a variety of ways, and because those uses may change over time, we designed our settings to provide our users granular control over the information they share. We encourage our Users to review their account settings and adjust them in accordance with their preferences.
- MakanJoy accounts are also defaulted to allow Users to be contacted to participate in polls, surveys and partner advertising.
C. Closing Your Account
- You can close your account through the MakanJoy site. If you close your MakanJoy account, we will remove your name and other personally identifiable information from our publicly viewable database. If you close your account, we have no obligation to retain your information, and may delete any or all of your account information without liability. However, we may retain certain data contributed by you if MakanJoy believes it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or for legitimate business purposes, such as analysis of aggregated, non-personally identifiable data, account recovery, or if required by law. MakanJoy may also retain and use your information if necessary to provide the Services to other Users. For example, just as an email you may send to another person through an email service provider resides in that person’s inbox even after you delete it from your sent files or close your account, emails or inbox mail you send on MakanJoy to other Users, as well as your contributions to MakanFriends, may remain visible to others after you have closed your account. Similarly, other information you have shared with others, or that other Users have copied, may also remain visible. MakanJoy disclaims any liability in relation to the deletion or retention (subject to the terms herein) of information or any obligation not to delete the information. MakanJoy does not control when search engines update their cache, which may contain certain public profile information that has since been removed from MakanJoy’s publicly viewable database.
D. Memorializing Accounts
- If we learn that a User is deceased, we may memorialize the User’s account. In these cases we may restrict profile access, remove messaging functionality, and close an account if we receive a formal request from the User’s next of kin or other proper legal request to do so. User WILL NOT be featured in SEARCH result as well.
4. Your Obligations
As a User, you have certain obligations to other Users. Some of these obligations are imposed by applicable law and regulations, and others have become commonplace in user-friendly communities of like-minded members such as MakanJoy:
- You must not download or otherwise disseminate any information that may be deemed to be injurious, violent, offensive, racist or xenophobic, or which may otherwise violate the purpose and spirit of MakanJoy and its community of Users.
- You must not provide to MakanJoy and/or other Users information that you believe might be injurious or detrimental to your person or to your professional or social status.
- You must keep your username and password confidential and not share it with others.
- Any violation of these guidelines may lead to the restriction, suspension or termination of your account at the sole discretion of MakanJoy.
5. Important information
A. Children and Minors
- Children under the age of 18 are not eligible to use our service.
B. TRUSTe and Safe Harbor and Verisign
- Please note that by becoming a User, you have given us your express and informed consent to transfer the data that you provide to us and to process it in the Republic of Singapore.
- Using the MakanJoy Services after a notice of changes has been sent to you or published on our site shall constitute consent to the changed terms or practices.
- In order to help secure your personal information, access to your data on MakanJoy is password-protected, and sensitive data (such as credit card information) is protected by SSL encryption when it is exchanged between your web browser and the MakanJoy website. To protect any data you store on our servers, MakanJoy also regularly audits its system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we use a tier-one secured-access data center. However, since the internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to MakanJoy. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please note that emails, instant messaging, and similar means of communication with other Users of MakanJoy are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
7. How to contact us
XPRIENZ PTE LTD
531 UPPER CROSS ST, HONG LIM COMPLEX, #03-40/41